A San Diego Restaurant Review Blog

in which the author chronicles her efforts to indulge her foodie inclinations amidst her working-mom-of-a-toddler lifestyle



(with some reviews for with toddlers, others for date night, and others for a delicious solo lunch on the run, plus occasional quick-notes on SD theater!)

Friday, January 6, 2012

Wines I liked on our Cruise

I am usually a red wine drinker, and I almost never buy bottles of white to drink myself. But for some reason on our cruise, I was only in the mood for whites with dinner, so I got to try a few new wines. Carnival had an unusually good wine list. Everything I ordered was reasonable, complex and interesting. The ones whose info I remember - don't remember any vintages, though!

Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc (Malborough, NZ): an excellent food wine. Tasted great as an aperitif and even better once my food came and I was taking sips.

La Crema Chardonnay: the most expensive Chardonnay they had, and very tasty. Much more interesting than most chardonnays for me.

Barton and Guestier Pouilly-Fuissé: delicious!

I also got a Peter Lehmann Shiraz one evening (red was calling to me and I decided to forego my fave, Cotes du Rhone. It was ok, but I decided that shiraz is never really my favorite grape.

I need to remember to order these - they were all better than most of the whites I end up ordering here in SD. (though I still love me a good albarino!)

No comments:

Post a Comment