A San Diego Restaurant Review Blog

in which the author chronicles her efforts to indulge her foodie inclinations amidst her working-mom-of-a-toddler lifestyle



(with some reviews for with toddlers, others for date night, and others for a delicious solo lunch on the run, plus occasional quick-notes on SD theater!)

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Eda-Mami (Del Mar)/too many losses

Well, my week of mourning for Naomi Wise is over....But it's replaced with the death of a close and beloved friend. While she was sick I told her about the blog and promised her I'd take her anywhere she wanted. She had picked out Bayu. We never got to go. Life ain't fair.

Instead of silence this week I'm going to blog again. She'd want me to, and I need distractions....

Hit Eda-Mami tonight in Del Mar for the first time in a while. Love this place! We need to remember to go there and dump Katana. The food is so much better! And before 7 pm they have great happy hour pricing. We ordered way too much food.

*Delicious*, healthy and generous salad: we ordered 2 for the three of us and had plenty left over (about $4)

Edamame: perfectly fine (about $4)

2 miso soups: SB scarfed his up, CH did too

Agedashi Tofu: $3 I think with the happy hour special. OMG - this is the best A.T. I have had in my whole life. Fabulous broth. Just delicious.

Sake Fusion roll: $7.95 w/happy hour. Huge. Delicious. Why did I order so much food?

Salmon roll: $3 with happy hour. OMG - I don't need this much food. Yet I finished it.... :)

SB got a lolli from sitting so nicely. He loved the wide array of choices. And he spotted 3 coasters while we were sitting there.

And tonight we had great service, much better than our previous visits. It was quieter too.

Eda-Mami has got to enter our regular rotation - LOVED IT!

(oh and I left out my wine - I am tasting my way through New Zealand Sauvignon blancs from the Malborough Valley - tonight I got a Star borough - not as good as what I had on the cruise, but still tasty)

(end of wine-induced gushing about food - back to the sad new normal.... :( )

Postscript: The meal didn't sit while with CH. :( Eda-Mami may not go into the rotation after all. Minor bad news in the scheme of things, but oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment