A San Diego Restaurant Review Blog

in which the author chronicles her efforts to indulge her foodie inclinations amidst her working-mom-of-a-toddler lifestyle



(with some reviews for with toddlers, others for date night, and others for a delicious solo lunch on the run, plus occasional quick-notes on SD theater!)

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Savory Review (Encinitas)

Before I forget all about my meal, quick post on Savory (Encinitas), which we went to on date night way back in 2011.

Went several years ago when it first opened, not too impressed.

Really enjoyed my meal this time.

Cocktail: Loved the dee-lite-ful: Vodka, muddled lime and mint, simple syrup, soda. Got a yummy glass of wine afterwards: Rousanne. (a) I never heard of it before; and (b) It was delish. That alone is worth a revisit.

Can't remember the bread....

Appetizer: got the soup of the day (vegan). Was spectacular. Butternut squash and parsnip. Butternut squash soup is easy enough to find, and is tasty but not worth shouting about. However, with the addition of the parsnip, I loved it.

Entree: Got a fish special. Sea bass (?) with a red beurre blanc, fried leeks and some other delicious things underneath. Can't remember exactly what. But I would eat that kind of French food every day.

CH didn't like his meal as much so I hope I can persuade him to go back. They do both restaurant.com and the Passport card, plus they have a fixed-price deal, so it's less expensive than other places with great food.

No comments:

Post a Comment