A San Diego Restaurant Review Blog

in which the author chronicles her efforts to indulge her foodie inclinations amidst her working-mom-of-a-toddler lifestyle



(with some reviews for with toddlers, others for date night, and others for a delicious solo lunch on the run, plus occasional quick-notes on SD theater!)

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sicilian Thing (North Park)

I need to show some love to Sicilian Thing, current holder (in our view) of the title of Best NY Pizza in SD, ever since the Bongiorno's sold the Miramar location and the pizza there has become crappy (according to CH - I haven't been there since). Bongiorno's Solana is still good, but for the very best NY (or rather Philly) pizza, we head on down to North Park.

Today: CH enjoyed his (corner!) Sicilian slices.

SB enjoyed his Hawaiian punch (Daddy was in an indulgent mood) and round cheese.

I enjoyed my mushroom sicilian (oooh - the Sicilian really is fab there), but I tried a new slice (vegeta) and it was not as good as the others (used bland California olives, which are not my thing).

The Barack-oli Ricotta or the Nino Espinosa are still my faves there.

No comments:

Post a Comment