A San Diego Restaurant Review Blog

in which the author chronicles her efforts to indulge her foodie inclinations amidst her working-mom-of-a-toddler lifestyle



(with some reviews for with toddlers, others for date night, and others for a delicious solo lunch on the run, plus occasional quick-notes on SD theater!)

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Blue Point Coastal: Barron is out

In other news, Daniel Barron, the hotshot molecular gastronomy, James Beard-award winning chef who they got at Blue Point Coastal, has left. Am not surprised! The food they had him putting out there was corporate and not exciting - a few days after my boring meal he won the SD Food and Wine Festival with a knock-your-socks off dish, then made a comment about how much fun it was to cook "his" food since he needed to be more conservative at the restaurant. (too bad for me I didn't go to the festival instead of to his restaurant!).

We have many flavor kings in town, but it would be fun to get one of these flashy interesting molecular guys and for them to be able to make their own stuff without dumbing it down for the local market (I think I recall this happening at El Bizcocho too). I'm still very curious about that stuff! I think Jason Knibb is doing more mg, but the prices are so high at Nine-Ten for small portions....

No comments:

Post a Comment