A San Diego Restaurant Review Blog

in which the author chronicles her efforts to indulge her foodie inclinations amidst her working-mom-of-a-toddler lifestyle



(with some reviews for with toddlers, others for date night, and others for a delicious solo lunch on the run, plus occasional quick-notes on SD theater!)

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Charisma Cucina Italiana revisit (Hillcrest): Mmmm.....

Second visit to Charisma. LOVED it! Tried not to get exactly the same thing but it was hard. Got the arugula salad with truffle oil. Mmm...truffle oil. Just as good as the salad I got last time.

Still love the lentil spread for the bread.

DH ordered the same entree as last time (veal parm) but was in a better mood so liked it better. :) He also got bruschetta, which was very flavorful tomatoes and basil on very good grilled bread.

I got the same pasta dish with sauteed eggplant and smoked mozz, but did it with whole wheat penne. Felt a little more virtuous.

Didn't like my "Tuscan blend" as much as the Nero d'Avola I got last time. However, the nice waiter brought me a taste of Primitivo, which I would order again in a heartbeat. Even better: we were seated before $6, so my Tuscan blend only cost $3. For $3, it was an outstanding Italian table wine!

So friendly there, so cute....so delicious! Charisma gets promoted to my #3 fave restaurant du moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment