A San Diego Restaurant Review Blog

in which the author chronicles her efforts to indulge her foodie inclinations amidst her working-mom-of-a-toddler lifestyle



(with some reviews for with toddlers, others for date night, and others for a delicious solo lunch on the run, plus occasional quick-notes on SD theater!)

Monday, March 8, 2010

Upcoming birthday dinner: Grant Grill?

For my friends reading, I am pretty sure I have decided on Grant Grill for my upcoming birthday dinner (hoorah for the babysitter!). (a) haven't been there; (b) menu looks delicious; (c) atmosphere looks lovely and suited to a "special occasion"; (d) service is supposed to be very correct and professional (shoutout to Blanca: take a note!). I am hoping it is disappointment proof - the last few years I have had unpleasing experiences at George's California Modern (fool me once, shame on you....); Roseville (food not bad, but really nondescript room); and some other places I can't even remember. Bertrand at Mr. A's was fun and I do like their food but the menu seems so boring that I'd rather try somewhere else.

Was thinking about El Bizcocho but it seems too risky - mixed reviews on line, plus the chef whom Naomi reviewed last year is already gone. May try a different day....(they do have 3 courses of molecular gastronomy for $45, but if they're bad courses and it's my birthday, and it is a stodgy golf-course-style room, then I'll be grumpy!).

If you have Grant Grill experience, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment