A San Diego Restaurant Review Blog

in which the author chronicles her efforts to indulge her foodie inclinations amidst her working-mom-of-a-toddler lifestyle



(with some reviews for with toddlers, others for date night, and others for a delicious solo lunch on the run, plus occasional quick-notes on SD theater!)

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Skip It: Bombay Express (Clairemont)

It's not even worth my time to post on this place...but lest you think, dear reader (if a reader I have!), that I think *everything* is really delicious, I'm including this to make one thing clear. I generally am posting about my regular faves (which I already know are yummy or I wouldn't bother with them) or I've done a fair amount of research before I bother to try a new place, which gives it a good chance of being yummy. (Annapurna was a happy surprise).

Here, however, is the kind of place I generally avoid. Bombay Express's advantage: next to the Clairemont movie theater. However, it's really scandalous to serve mediocre Indian food in a town where you can get scrumptious food within a few miles. Nan was ok - palak paneer totally bland and icky.

Another reminder why the Indian engineers of Sorrento Valley make this such a great town for Indian food....the places near their places of employment are terrific - this place is a waste of space! (they were very friendly, though, presumably from welcoming non-Indian moviegoing clientele with little Indian food experience).

It would be a reminder to stay away from food court Indian (UTC's Indian place is equally scandalous) except that some of the best Indian places in the county are also in food courts: Sitar, Sher e Punjab and KC's Tandoor in Encinitas (*that* is an excellent choice, esp. since it's fast, fresh and right next to the car wash! errands and yummy food....).

No comments:

Post a Comment