A San Diego Restaurant Review Blog

in which the author chronicles her efforts to indulge her foodie inclinations amidst her working-mom-of-a-toddler lifestyle



(with some reviews for with toddlers, others for date night, and others for a delicious solo lunch on the run, plus occasional quick-notes on SD theater!)

Saturday, March 20, 2010

No new yummies around here!/Star of India (Del Mar)

Sorry, dear readers, the last week has been kind of bleak on the culinary front. Lots of work, bagging lunch....Will do some kind of toddler adventure tonight (but may just be good ol' Coco's and its brown bread!).

The only place I ate out this last week was Star of India (Del Mar), which really pales in comparison to all the Indian places in Sorrento Vlly and Mira Mesa - but has the advantage of being along my frequent routes, so I end up there once a month or so. It's too expensive for what it is - and the tablecloths are too fancy to go with Boy (who used to like Indian food and now finds it too spicy) - but it's certainly better than places like the terrible food I had in Clairemont. I'm a sucker for Indian food - esp. when I can get in and out in about 15 min. with a healthy meal while I'm doing other errands.

Meanwhile, am planning to hit two restaurants from my "looking forward to list" this week(babysitter!!).... Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment