A San Diego Restaurant Review Blog

in which the author chronicles her efforts to indulge her foodie inclinations amidst her working-mom-of-a-toddler lifestyle



(with some reviews for with toddlers, others for date night, and others for a delicious solo lunch on the run, plus occasional quick-notes on SD theater!)

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Urban Plates (Carmel Valley): Curbside Pickup Review # whatever

We have not been in an Urban Plates mood for a while. Definitely not for eating in, and I had grown tired of the choices compared to Tender Greens. But we decided tonight to give takeout a try again.

To my surprise, they actually are switching the menu up seasonally. So there were some different side choices (and a new veg soup choice). I didn't try the new soup choice (carrot/ginger) since I didn't want to commit myself without tasting it (the roasted red pepper from fall was nasty), but I may give it a chance in the future. Also, there is a new seasonal fish instead of tuna: ono.

I got: ono + roasted vegetables + beet salad. Have had the beets before: beets + onions + walnuts = very yummy. Roasted root vegetables I may not have: very tasty potatoes + sweet potatoes. Ono was very good (I got the chimichurri on the side because I'm not a huge fan - ended up using lemon we had just picked from a friend's tree instead). Overall, this was one of the more substantial plates I've gotten from there before.

SuperBoy's grilled cheese was still ridiculously delicious and I ate most of it.

CH's turkey + stuffing + salad carveup was "fine" (I think that means nothing spectacular, but satisfying enough).

We got lemon + coconut cake, but are too full to eat it. We'll look forward to trying it tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment