A San Diego Restaurant Review Blog

in which the author chronicles her efforts to indulge her foodie inclinations amidst her working-mom-of-a-toddler lifestyle



(with some reviews for with toddlers, others for date night, and others for a delicious solo lunch on the run, plus occasional quick-notes on SD theater!)

Friday, March 16, 2012

More Urban Plates takeout (Carmel Valley)

UP was so good last weekend for takeout that we got it again tonight. SB preferred to eat "house food." (foodgirl makes a mean quesadilla)

CH got the turkey sandwich, which has roasted tomatoes on it, and chips on the side, plus one side (he picked a salad). He said it was "fine."

I got ono again + beets again + sauteed mushrooms. Very delicious and very filling.

Tasted the carrot + ginger soup while I was there for pickup. Was fine, much better than the inedible roasted red pepper soup they had in fall. Tastes pretty much like the Whole Foods version. Still, ginger is not my favorite thing in carrot soup, so I'd order those only if I was cold and wanted something healthy and filling.

Still tasty - and I'm glad they're experimenting with different seasonal items.

No comments:

Post a Comment