A San Diego Restaurant Review Blog

in which the author chronicles her efforts to indulge her foodie inclinations amidst her working-mom-of-a-toddler lifestyle



(with some reviews for with toddlers, others for date night, and others for a delicious solo lunch on the run, plus occasional quick-notes on SD theater!)

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

MIHO Gastrotruck (Carmel Valley): Drowning in aioli!

Went to MIHO today on High Bluff (got there super-early - only way to beat the line!). Was going to try the deviled egg sammy special, but decided the bello would be healthier (wanted lots of veggies).

Well, my sandwich was tasty, but healthy it was not. The whole thing was absolutely drowning in the "roasted local fennel pesto aioli." I know farm-to-table doesn't mean lowfat, but I would have preferred a lot more "farm" (veggies) to fat ratio. I wiped most of it off, and still had oodles of aioli on the sandwich.

Wouldn't get that sandwich again unless I asked for the aioli on the side. Still like MIHO, but that was not as impressive a meal as some others.

(I did pick up a "Suzie's farm Strawberry shortcake," which I'll give to SB when he returns from preschool. That is also WAY more cream than berry, but I think he'll like it).

No comments:

Post a Comment