A San Diego Restaurant Review Blog

in which the author chronicles her efforts to indulge her foodie inclinations amidst her working-mom-of-a-toddler lifestyle



(with some reviews for with toddlers, others for date night, and others for a delicious solo lunch on the run, plus occasional quick-notes on SD theater!)

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

MIHO Gastrotruck (Carmel Valley); Yummy!

Hit Miho on High Bluff in Carmel Valley today.

Longish line, a fun and lively scene. (a bit of North Park crossed with office park!)

Food: great flavors. They actually messed up my grilled squash sandwich and only gave me the bottom half of it! But when I wrote them after lunch to double-check, they were very apologetic and told me that it is in fact supposed to be a sandwich with two pieces of bread, goat cheese, etc., and they sent me a coupon for a free entree. Even though the part I got by mistake wasn't filling, the flavors (grilled squash, spinach, rosemary focaccia, carmelized onions) were excellent. I'll definitely return to try more things.

Half a farro squash salad: $3.95 -tasty, very healthy, not quite as exciting in the flavors as the grilled squash sandwich.

Got lemon orzo soup for SB to eat at dinner ($3.25). He's all about the lemon. I tasted it - yum, light vegetarian broth, with celery etc.

They also had a bacon chocolate chip cookie which they were sold out of by the time I got there! (some disappointed folks!). And homemade drinks too which people thought were yummy.

Got to hit Miho again if I can remember when it's on High Bluff! Am interested in Foodfarm too but don't know much about it, and they never change the menu on their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment