A San Diego Restaurant Review Blog

in which the author chronicles her efforts to indulge her foodie inclinations amidst her working-mom-of-a-toddler lifestyle



(with some reviews for with toddlers, others for date night, and others for a delicious solo lunch on the run, plus occasional quick-notes on SD theater!)

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Salazar's (Downtown/East Village): Too disappointing!

We took ST to the Festival of Sail today downtown. Tons of fun - and pirates! We decided to get Mexican food on the way home. I suggested Lucha Libre: last time we went, ST raced out into traffic, so CH wasn't ready to try it again. He suggested El Indio (but sometimes the lines are long and ST would get impatient). So I thought of Salazar's at 15th and Market. MuseumGirl and I had a great meal there 2 yrs ago after getting a rec. from a friend. They have their own parking lot. It seemed a good idea to try again.

Oh no! First of all, one poor woman was working as the only waitress, the only busgirl and the cashier. Emptied tables full of rotting food sat around through our whole meal. It took *forever* for any of our food to come. ST had a major tantrum (I don't blame him given how long it took, but it wasn't fun). I was kicking myself for suggesting the place at all, though I have to admit that when the food came it was pretty good (I got a fish burrito with fish sauteed in ranchero sauce, with some very tasty pinto beans and rice and fresh avocado slices). ST's guac was bland but just right for him.

But leaving all the dishes out forever was just disgusting and made me wonder about the cleanliness of my food. Waiting that long with Super-Toddler is just not going to happen again either. Oh well! It's rare I make a really bad call. Too bad for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment