A San Diego Restaurant Review Blog

in which the author chronicles her efforts to indulge her foodie inclinations amidst her working-mom-of-a-toddler lifestyle



(with some reviews for with toddlers, others for date night, and others for a delicious solo lunch on the run, plus occasional quick-notes on SD theater!)

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Quick takes; Searsucker, Counter

Visited Searsucker yet again, during the Comic-Con frenzy. At first I worried the place was losing its dazzle: kind of stale cheddar puffers came out, and the server took a long while to get to us.

However, WHEW! It's still my fave restaurant. Once the server came she was fabulous.

Some highlights:
-glass of Faranghina: she told me it was like pinot grigio, but more complex, and a great food wine. Wow! She was right. Not insubstantial at all, tasted better as I ate. Yummy! Love the alcohol list at Searsucker.

--tuna + crowing rooster: WOWZA. Loved it but would never order it again. a) super-delicious and b) painfully spicy. I ate the whole thing (it was painfully enjoyable) but would not do it next time.

--watermelon/tomato/ricotta salad: Yum. Smart server brought it after my tuna, since she knew it would cool me off.

--carrot/sugar snap pea/pistachio-dine side. Delicious.

Oh, and when I asked the server if he could get some fresher puffers....they came right out, fresh and scrumptious.

Love Searsucker! Even had a Malarkey sighting at the end of the night, plus saw B-Real from Cypress Hill.

COUNTER DEL MAR
Just want to add that we've now taken Cute Husband, and I am still crazy for this place as a place to go with Super Toddler. So much healthier and more delicious than Red Robin/Coco's/other family-type restaurants. I get a veggie burger on a bed of delicious greens - I don't even like salad and it's super yummy. The grilled vegetables are also delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment