A San Diego Restaurant Review Blog

in which the author chronicles her efforts to indulge her foodie inclinations amidst her working-mom-of-a-toddler lifestyle



(with some reviews for with toddlers, others for date night, and others for a delicious solo lunch on the run, plus occasional quick-notes on SD theater!)

Friday, July 1, 2011

Another visit to Katana (Carmel Valley)

Another successful meal with ST at Katana.

Cubed tofu + edamame + salad + miso soup + rice PLUS Nascar on television = one very happy and well-behaved Super-Toddler.

(Is he a healthy eater or what? My adventurous boy even decided to try pickled ginger and seaweed. Didn't like the first, kind of intrigued by the latter - "is it from my ocean?").

I ate ex-girlfriend roll (still my fave, riceless) + another special albacore role that was on the 50% off list. I was not into the albacore on top at all - I thought it was a little grody (though I liked the spicy tuna/masago mix inside the roll). I would get something different next time.

Cute Husband ordered beef bulgogi there for the first time (it's really a Korean fusion place anyway) and he thought it was very good.

No balloons for kids anymore, but we'll certainly return!

No comments:

Post a Comment