A San Diego Restaurant Review Blog

in which the author chronicles her efforts to indulge her foodie inclinations amidst her working-mom-of-a-toddler lifestyle



(with some reviews for with toddlers, others for date night, and others for a delicious solo lunch on the run, plus occasional quick-notes on SD theater!)

Friday, January 20, 2012

Say it Ain't So: Naomi Wise, RIP!

I had been busy and didn't remember to check the SD Reader's food coverage all through the holidays.

I just checked, and Naomi Wise is dead??? http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2012/jan/11/last-supper/

I keep wanting to think this is a joke (the death of her pseudonym???), but it seems after reading that it's 100% real.

I admired Naomi - and her taste - so much. I followed her food writing from the Bay Area to SD. She had my dream job....if I didn't have my own job.

And she became my email friend and sometimes reviewed places I sent her too or even mentioned me ("a reader with discriminating tastes") in her reviews.

I'm really shocked.

No food criticism from here for a week....I'm going dark in her honor. The blog is at half staff..... She really was my inspiration for the blog....She had such great taste, and helped steer me to so many faves. The idea that I was sending her to places and got ahead of the curve on some parts of town was thrilling to me to no end. And she was very gracious and nice.

It's become a less interesting food town in an instant....

But I'll have to hit Cafe Secret soon. It was one of her last reviews, and I've been meaning to go. I owe her that for all of the great finds over the years....

:(


No comments:

Post a Comment