A San Diego Restaurant Review Blog

in which the author chronicles her efforts to indulge her foodie inclinations amidst her working-mom-of-a-toddler lifestyle



(with some reviews for with toddlers, others for date night, and others for a delicious solo lunch on the run, plus occasional quick-notes on SD theater!)

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Recent bites around town: Beach Grass, Ki's, Waters (Solana/Cardiff)

Too busy to eat out a lot much less write about it lately. Here are some of our recent meals.

Hit Beachgrass today.  Service was a bit slow at first but once our order was taken the food came quickly. It was very delicious and we all enjoyed our meals. Cute Husband got french toast (too cinnamon-y for me but he liked it).  SuperBoy got a kid's pancake with mickey mouse ears and a funny face made of raspberry puree.  Very yummy - mom finished the rest. I had too many delicious choices but settled on the buffalo mozzarella, tomato and fresh basil omelette with potatoes and fruit. Fruit was very good quality, and the potatoes were super yummy. Liked the omelette too, but would try something different next time.  My sis came here a few weeks ago and got the gruyere omelette and brought leftovers to me - that was yummy too.

Ki's: Ki's has the best eggs. I need to remember that next time I go! I got the tempeh sandwich, which is an old standby of mine, but I stole some of CH's hash browns and scrambled eggs, and they were both super scrumptious. Veg stew is ok but not the greatest. My Mom got the veg stir fry, which was tasty, but I wouldn't get it on my own.

Water's:  Quick stop at Waters after Beachgrass.  SB enjoyed a choc chip cookie, CH his Valrhona brownie (snuck a taste....yum), and I got a little slice of sweet potato cheesecake. Can someone say: YUM?   I don't recall seeing that or having it there before. Not overly sweet or rich - a perfect little treat.  Luckily I also took home some roasted vegetables; butternut squash gratin; stuffed shells; and egg salad. It will be movie and Water's night here at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment