A San Diego Restaurant Review Blog

in which the author chronicles her efforts to indulge her foodie inclinations amidst her working-mom-of-a-toddler lifestyle



(with some reviews for with toddlers, others for date night, and others for a delicious solo lunch on the run, plus occasional quick-notes on SD theater!)

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Jimmy's Famous American Tavern (Point Loma)

Hit Jimmy's with CPGirl and her family this week (I can't remember why I started calling her that and better remember soon or she'll need a new name!). She thinks it's fab so had been encouraging us to go. Was great!

Atmsophere: nice patio, boat view, great heaters, grass if the kids want to get up and play.

Liquor options: tons of wines by glass, great cocktails. I ordered the sunset martini: fresh lime juice, cranberry juice, orange infused vodka, blood orange puree, simple syrup, some other stuff. Was a little sweet for me at first, but as I drank more I thought it was very sweet and tart and tasty.

Food: I enjoyed my sea bass sandwish (a daily special) a lot. French fries were nice (peppery ketchup).  Simple green appetizer salad was outstanding - very fresh and perfectly dressed (not too much vinaigrette).

CH liked his prime rib sandwich.

SuperBoy was not as thrilled about his grilled cheese, though CPGirl is a big fan of the sandwich. I think he was just under the weather, as he got sick later. They brought him  a cookie, which looked nice.

Would love to return if nearby - a very fun and tasty place to go with or without kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment