A San Diego Restaurant Review Blog

in which the author chronicles her efforts to indulge her foodie inclinations amidst her working-mom-of-a-toddler lifestyle



(with some reviews for with toddlers, others for date night, and others for a delicious solo lunch on the run, plus occasional quick-notes on SD theater!)

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Tabe BBQ Truck Review: Food, Glorious Food!

Got a chance to hit Tabe BBQ for the first time today, at 12554 High Bluff in CV.

I think I'm in love!

This may be the best food truck experience I've had yet (sorry, MIHO!).

#1: no line just before noon!

#2:  I told the "front of the truck" guy that I had been wanting to try their truck for a while, that they have a good rep. He said, "and our food is glorious."

I figured I'd be the judge of that.

.............................................. [wait for food to be prepared]

Well, the food is glorious!!

Got a grilled tillapia taco and a portabello mushroom taco.

Both beautifully presented with a cute scoop of different fresh salsas on top.

Grilled tillapia taco: scrumptious, fresh, OMG.

Portabello mushroom taco: scrumptious, fresh, OMG too (yummy combo of sauce, salsa, carmelized onions and mushroom).

Only thing that could be better: the tortillas were a little flimsy and I ended up needing a fork to finish as the tortillas fell apart from the liquid.  Also, I was still a little hungry after the two tacos ($7).

Otherwise, I'll be back for more whenever I can swing it on a Thurs. in CV. Oh my - how scrumptious!!!

Three cheers for an Asian BBQ place that has veggie and non-fried fish options!! (they also have a fried cod taco and lots of meat (http://twitter.com/#!/tabebbq), but these were a-ok with me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment