A San Diego Restaurant Review Blog

in which the author chronicles her efforts to indulge her foodie inclinations amidst her working-mom-of-a-toddler lifestyle



(with some reviews for with toddlers, others for date night, and others for a delicious solo lunch on the run, plus occasional quick-notes on SD theater!)

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Showing some love to Waters (Solana Beach)

I love, love, love Waters....But rather than repeat that over and over, let me just say what some of this week's loot was:

--egg salad (their egg salad happens to be fab, and is one of the only things CH and I both eat)

--albacore tuna salad (theirs is pretty much the only tuna salad I am willing to eat (v. grilled tuna). It's light, lemony, not mayonaisey - delicious. But it's expensive!

--vegetarian cassoulet: wowza. This was spectacular. it's the first time I saw it there, and I called to urge them to make it again! The beans were earthy but complemented with a crispy element (croutons, I think), alongside some yummy sauteed celery. I could eat this all winter.

--roasted yams and sweet potatoes = Afternoon snack candy

--mini lemon bars for Super Boy: he's growing into being such a considerate boy that he insisted on sharing the 2nd one with his babysitter instead of saving one for dinner (of course, come dinner time, he said, "Where's my treat?"as he imagined that something different would magically appear....)

--yukon gold mashed potatoes: for some reason, SB did not like these today, even though he went nuts for them a few months ago

No veg soup when I went - alas!

No comments:

Post a Comment