A San Diego Restaurant Review Blog

in which the author chronicles her efforts to indulge her foodie inclinations amidst her working-mom-of-a-toddler lifestyle



(with some reviews for with toddlers, others for date night, and others for a delicious solo lunch on the run, plus occasional quick-notes on SD theater!)

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Urban Plates (Carmel Valley): Curbside Pickup Review

After lots of reports from friends that they have had great experiences at Urban Plates in the last two weeks as they get more organized, I asked the boys if they wanted to go tonight. SB is usually up for a "re-trant" anytime I ask, but tonight he said, "No, Mommy, I'm too tired. I want to stay home." I was feeling toxic with white carbs (ate way too much potato kugel, challah and matza balls in the last few days), and had been craving a simple UP dinner of grilled tuna, salad and quinoa/edamame. CH proposed my giving their curbside service a try.

VERDICT: It's a wonderful service - you drive up to the back to the 10 min spots, call in, and they bring out your food....Only problem: they forgot my salad! However, when I phoned they were very gracious and not only took that portion of my food off, but my entire ahi plate. So I will definitely give it another try; I take it as opening kinks, and it was very good customer service of them to comp my entree altogether.

FOOD: CH ordered a margarita pizzette. He wasn't thrilled with it (he thought it would have sauce, not be cheese, basil, and whole tomatoes). However, SB loved it and ate it all up.

--Urban Kids: SB got grilled cheese again. Since he was eating Dada's pizzette, I ate some of his sandwich. Ridiculously tasty ww bread, perfectly toasted. A very respectable sandwich. I resisted the homemade chips, since I'm trying to do carb detox. SB also ate my grilled ciabatta.

--My ahi platter. Very nice. But the real revelation this time was the QUINOA EDAMAME SALAD. Fantabulous. Healthy and cravable.

--Red pepper soup: This is the one item I still don't really like there. Tried it on the pre-opening and they were perfecting it. I don't really like it. It's too bad it's their only daily veg. soup and it's not that yummy.

Overall, I'm happy to keep exploring the delicious menu and will give curbside pickup another try!

No comments:

Post a Comment