A San Diego Restaurant Review Blog

in which the author chronicles her efforts to indulge her foodie inclinations amidst her working-mom-of-a-toddler lifestyle



(with some reviews for with toddlers, others for date night, and others for a delicious solo lunch on the run, plus occasional quick-notes on SD theater!)

Friday, January 7, 2011

Fabrison's Crepe Cafe (Little Italy): Mmmm....buckwheat!

Have been working too hard even over the holidays....Needed to get up from the computer and have a yummy outing! There are lots of new crepe cafes in San Diego lately, some claiming to have real crepes with buckwheat.

And those who know me know: I am all about the buckwheat!!

Tried Fabrison's Crepe Cafe today on India Street at the very start of Little Italy (Ash St.). SUPER-YUM! Outstanding buckwheat crepe made with swiss, egg whites, and mushroom, just as I ordered it, with a oil-free roasted red pepper sauce on the side (and some harissa on the side for good measure). The crepe and the two sauces were outstanding, as was the delectably French-vinagrietted side salad (ate it all up...).

True: I was slightly hungry when I finished, but that's b/c I was very hungry before and I didn't order a dessert crepe.

But I'll definitely designate it as a spot for meetings friends who live south.

MMMM.....BUCKWHEAT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment