A San Diego Restaurant Review Blog

in which the author chronicles her efforts to indulge her foodie inclinations amidst her working-mom-of-a-toddler lifestyle



(with some reviews for with toddlers, others for date night, and others for a delicious solo lunch on the run, plus occasional quick-notes on SD theater!)

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I love mixology (my fave San Diego cocktails of 2010)

Foodgirl is settling down a little: instead of trying to hit new places every time we have a babysitter, we are starting to retract a bit and revisit places we like. One of the things that makes this fun and not boring are the wonderful seasonal cocktail menus at so many places in San Diego these days. I love mixology! Bartenders are using seasonal fresh foods (usually fruits but sometimes veggies and herbs) and so much creativity. Here are some recent faves, in no particular order.

1. Kitchen 1540: Hibiscus Cooler. Yum....that's all I have to say about that.

2. Urban Solace: Better Than Eden's Apple. Well, that drink was better than just about anything. ANYTHING! SO DELISH! Tart, intense, really super yummy.

3. Alchemy: Tempranillo Rose Vanilla Sangria. They had this in the summer, and it's not on the menu anymore. Wowza! My recent cocktail there, a halloween pumpkin-cranberry thing, was not quite as good. I am game for returning to work my way through the season's choices, though!

4. Searsucker: The Peter Rabbit. Ridiculously good: pickled radish, carrots, pimm's, lemonade. One of the yummiest things ever! But it was gone in a flash (almost nothing to it), and it costs $12. The cocktail I had on my next visit, a reimagined cosmo, was creative and interesting, but not in the same league.

5. Clay's La Jolla: A more traditional menu, but they had a great great Mojito with tons and tons of fresh mint and lime. Outstanding.

6. Roy's: something with St. Germain Elderflower. Of course I love everything with St. Germain, so I'm not that picky, but I recall this being good.

Can't wait for the next time we can go out!

2 comments:

  1. I'm saving this list! For after the law semester is over. We're planning to hit Searsucker and perhaps a few more on your top list. Hope you're well, SDFG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Dr. T! We'll have to do something over the holidays. Glad you're still reading - howdy to everyone!

    ReplyDelete