A San Diego Restaurant Review Blog

in which the author chronicles her efforts to indulge her foodie inclinations amidst her working-mom-of-a-toddler lifestyle



(with some reviews for with toddlers, others for date night, and others for a delicious solo lunch on the run, plus occasional quick-notes on SD theater!)

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Viva Pops again, this time with El Comal (North Park/Normal Heights)

So I couldn't resist it! Dr. T. came with me to El Comal (I loved the pescado al ajillo and Dr. T. enjoyed his Cochinita Pibil). Lovely atmosphere, and they take restaurant.com!

We were talking about the blog and Dr. T. mentioned my Viva Pops entries. "Well," I said, "we ARE only about 1.5 miles away...Should we go?"

5 min. later, we were both enjoying strawberry/cucumber/mint "sugar-free" pops (with agave). Super-yum, loved the mint (though they were much less intensely strawberry than the wonderful strawberry pop that ST had on Sat.). Dr. T. took an apricot lemongrass for the road and sounded almost like my Mom did when she had her tart plum ("love lemongrass!").

Dr. T., thanks for the adventure! I love excuses to hit North Park/Normal Heights!

No comments:

Post a Comment